He is a giant asshole. His humor is being mean to other people. I actually physically can’t stomach too much of him so I’ll list like the top 5 reasons why he’s a douche.
Warning: extreme misogyny and general assholery ahead.
- Kim Kardashian wanted to remember the Armenian genocide, but apparently fuck Kim Kardashian
- Jason is a big fan of The Bachelor
- He went on a disgusting twitter rant during the 2012 RNC
- Only an asshole can possibly be married to Jenny Mollen
Exhibit B: She bought Jason a prostitute, and wrote an absolutely atrocious article about it. Stay classy there J-Squared.
Shows what a shitty comedian and general horrible human being you are if the only way you can be funny is at other peoples expense imo.
Let’s never forget what a douchebag Jason Biggs is. And before you defend him, read his reaction to people reacting to this tweet. Before his publicist undoubtedly forced him to give a more civil response..
Uhhhhhhgggghhhhhhhhhh fuck him
been hating jason biggs and i want mroe people to hate him
Only two chapters out and the manga focuses on the sister so can’t say much on the portrayal of the trans girl. They went ultra femme route with her but at least not in a “fake woman” kind of route as far as I can tell. I liked they showed her being protective but not making it about her “really being a man”.
The sisters have been kind of harsh and transphobic so far but hopefully the manga is about them getting over that and learning they were wrong.
Still unsure if the manga knows hormones exist.
I am not sure this manga is aware of hormones. At least so far they seem to be under the impressions you need surgeries.
Hah okay I kinda love this manga already. She is freaking out at none of them having said anything about her having shown up presenting as a woman.
- Was a musical prodigy who started piano lessons at six and had composed her first classical work at age ten
- Built her own computer at age 14 in 1953, before most people knew what a computer was, and won a scholarship for it
- Helped Dr. Robert Moog work on his earlier synthesizers, providing technical assistance and convincing him to give the Moog synthesizer touch sensitivity
- Her breakthrough album, Switched on Bach, won four Grammy awards, started a craze for synthesized music, and remained on the Billboard Classical Album top 200 chart for over a year
- Composed music for the movies A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, and the original Tron
- Collaborated with “Weird Al” Yankovich on a parody of Peter and the Wolf centred around the importance of oral hygeine
- In case this wasn’t enough, she is also an accomplished solar eclipse photographer
You forgot “Is a trans woman”.
A new manga (to me) about a trans girl. It is listed as het unfortunately but still. Kyou Kara Yonshimai
The story centers around 16-year-old Sakura Manabe and her three siblings. Initially, Sakura is living with her 12-year-old sister Momiji and 27-year-old sister Botan, who works to support the three of them. Their 19-year-old brother Kashiwa has been away at college for two years and has suddenly decided to come back to live with them. However, when Kashiwa arrives, Sakura and the others discover that Kashiwa has now decided to live as a woman. Sakura and her two sisters now have to cope with the new reality of having another sister.
"If a Hunter accuses you of hopping, tell them you’re using rapid bounding traversal." -Gravitas Doctrines
Sadly a lot of them are one shots, but there’s a few longer ones. A lot of yuri manga is tragically too short and I’m always left wanting more. D:
After some struggles with myself, I ended up putting stories about college aged women so long as it’s not “innocent school life” heavy.
- Love my Life (this one has a movie. A uni student coming out to her father and finding that her parents were both queer as well.)
- Indigo Blue (A novelist caught between feelings for her boyfriend but also her feelings for another woman.)
- Free Soul (22 year old aspiring manga artist writing a manga about a black jazz singer. Artist falls for a trumpeter of a jazz band.)
- Sweet Lovin Baby (A young woman befriends a lesbian couple and falls for them. With three other short stories.)
- Conditions for Paradise- An OL in love with a world hopping freelance journalist
- We’re Aiming for Love Now (Journalist and a cutie in a cosplay store)
- Happy Picture Diary - (REALLY FUNNY. An social worker and an editor’s daily life together. All chibi but with some really real lesbian life jokes)
- Off-Time (an aging lesbian short one shot)
- 20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden- (one shot, a 30 year old sensitive about her age with a 20 year old woman in her art class)
- Princess of the Stars- (short- almost didn’t make it b/c high school flashbacks but it’s college roomies and it’s short and sweet- and challenges that “girls experiment with girls in high school then grow out of it” thing that people in Japan sometimes think)
- Ohana Holoholo: Torino Shino (Saya lives with her bisexual former girlfriend and her son. Nico, an actor living up stairs and a close friend, drops by for a visit almost everyday. Somewhat like family, and somewhat not, a story about their lives)
- My Unique Day-Sakamoto Mano (women in an acting troupe together. one shot)
- Abracadabra- Tanaka Minoru (a magician and a cute girl dealing with confessing to a girl for the first time)
- Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep- Mizutani Fuka (two women with the same name meet. Warnings for self harm)
- Cirque Arachne: Saida Nika (Two women working in the circus in a trapeze act. Stellar cute.)
- Maple Love- Otsu Hiyori (meeting in college; really cute)
Two that I recommend but are set apart from the others because one is written by a man and one is written with the male audience in mind respectively
- Kusari ha mou iranai- Uso Kurata; two Office ladies
- Octave- Akiyama Haru (seinen manga; a talent manager and a songwriter)
This is by no means an exhaustive list and I know there’s more (one particularly that I wanted to put on here but couldn’t remember the title of) so feel free to add on your favorite adult queer lady manga to the list!
AWESOME: DEEP-SEA OCTOPUS CARES FOR HER EGGS FOR 4.5 YEARS
Researchers at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) have observed a deep-sea octopus brooding its eggs for four and one half years—longer than any other known animal. Throughout this time, the female kept the eggs clean and guarded them from predators. This amazing feat represents an evolutionary balancing act between the benefits to the young octopuses of having plenty of time to develop within their eggs, and their mother’s ability to survive for years with little or no food. Although long-term observations of deep-sea animals are rare, the researchers propose that extended brooding periods may be common in the deep sea. Such extended life stages would need to be taken into account in assessing the effects of human activities on deep-sea animals. In any case, this strategy has apparently worked for Graneledone boreopacifica—it is one of the most common deep-sea octopuses in the Northeastern Pacific.
Close-up of the egg capsules in December, 2010
Empty egg cases, October 2011.
- Reference (Open access): :Robison et al. 2014, Deep-sea octopus (Graneledone boreopacifica) conducts the longest-known egg-brooding period of any animal. PLoS ONE 9
- video: MBARI